Every two years Barcelona’s Festival Mixtur opens a call with the aim of disseminating artistic and musical projects. The selected artist in this last open call that will participate in 2022 and 2023 festival editions are:
CATEGORY 1 (Modality A and B ):
· Bethany Younge (USA).
· Isandro Ojeda (ES).
CATEGORY 2 (Modality A, B, C and D):
· Annabelle Playe (FR) & Alexandra Radulescu (FR).
· Osvaldo Cibils (UY).
· Down the rabbit hole (BE).
· Ensemble LUX:NM (DE).
· Ensemble Via Nova (DE/EC).
· asLan ensemble – saxophone quartet(ES).
· Broken Frames Syndicate (DE/CL).
· Ensemble Suono Giallo (IT).
· Sond’Ar-te Electric Ensemble (PO).
· Biliana Voutchkova (BG/DE).
· Ana Maria Alarcón-Jiménez and Luis Tabuenca (ES/CO).
· Silvia Rosani (IT).
Els números de la Convocatòria Mixtur
Mixtur Open Call has received a total of 438 inscriptions from 60 countries which encompass five continents and 85 different nationalities:
Category 1 counts on 60% who enrolled and offers commissions to compose a piece, while category 2 aggregates the remaining 40% open to performers, ensembles, interdisciplinary artists, improvisers and sound artists:
There is 27,6% of women registered in all categories and partition by gender still shows a great inequality between women and men. Gender is unbalanced by categories in the case of composers (category 1) compared to performers and sound artist (category 2):
Age groups show a clear enrollment predominance of 20 to 40 years old (70,7%) followed by the age range from 40 to 50 that reaches 21,5%:
La selecció final
By always putting ahead the artistic quality over any other criteria Festival Mixtur is committed to achieve a gender party in programming and has taken these facts into account when selecting the artists.
This is the open call final selection data: