Is an oral history-based art project created in the frame of a cooperation between four European contemporary music organisations based in four countries: Hungary, Austria, Serbia and Spain. Its centerpiece is a small, portable house-shaped installation able to process and sonify data that will be collected during simple storytelling actions involving the participation of individuals from diverse local communities. Twelve emerging artists coming from different art disciplines (or genres) will engage in an interdisciplinary process resulting in the creation of a series of collective works based on the collected materials during the first phase of the project.
THE ARTISTS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Composers with an academic educational background, knowledge of the repertoire of new music genres and the capacity to work with notated music in order to compose for chamber ensembles.
- Composers active in underground or popular electronic music scenes (all genres that use electroacoustical tools) and who work with progressive musical ideas. They should have basic knowledge of programming and use of softwares aimed at real time sound processing (such as MAXmsp, PD, SuperCollider, Ableton Max4Live, etc.).
- Artists from all art disciplines, in particular visual arts and performance, who can demonstrate experience or clear interest in interdisciplinary and participatory practices to work towards the creation of a sound installation and multidisciplinary performance. They should be experienced and interested in cooperating with the project team and the group of other participating artists.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER
- Fair artist’s fee.
- Support material.
- International network.
- Artistic and technical support.
- Costs of travel and accommodation incurred during transnational activities.
FULL OPEN CALL
HOW TO APPLY?
All submissions must be sent digitally through the following link.
Deadline: 15th of December 2020.