WORKSHOP ON COMPOSITION AND SOUND EXPERIMENTATION 2019
Mixtur, opens call for the Workshop on Composition and Sound Experimentation that will take place from April 25th until May 5th 2019. The composers invited on this edition are Agustí Charles, Stefano Gervasoni, Silvina Milstein, Tristan Murail, Michael Obst and Stefan Prins.
We will also have many ensembles and soloist that will collaborate at the Reading Sessions and Concerts.
We are also counting on well-known ensembles to collaborate on the Reading Session and concerts.
1. An individual class with a resident composer for participants in workshop A or B. Participants in workshops A and B are entitled to two individual classes.
2. Instrumental or Electroacoustic Experimentation:
- Instrumental: reading session or a piece played by one of the resident ensembles or by workshop performers. Mixtur will assign one option and the instrument/s to each participant. *Finished works, fragments of pieces or works in process will be accepted in both cases. Improvisation works proposals with score or without will also be accepted. The Reading Sessions won´t be performed in concert as their aim is to work with musicians and encourage the exchange of ideas.Some participants can be chosen to release a Miniature within the festival’s program.
- Electroacoustic piece spatialisation (max. 8 channels). Some participants can be chosen to perform in a concert a new electroacoustic or one of the works send it.
3. Open Space where students will be able to introduce their work to the rest of participants.
4. Lectures by the resident composers and other guests.
5. Master class by the tutors of the other workshops.
6. Access to all concerts and activities at Festival Mixtur 2019 taking place in Fabra i Coats.
From the applications received, participants may be selected for the following:
- Dates: April 25th to 28th 2019.
- Resident Composers: Mauricio Sotelo, Tristan Murail and Michael Obst.
- Dates: May 2nd to 5th 2019.
- Resident Composers: Agustí Charles, Stefano Gervasoni, Silvina Milstein and Stefan Prins.
- WORKSHOP A: 210€
- WORKSHOP B: 210€
- WORKSHOP A or B (no preference): 190€
- WORKSHOP A and B: 260€
- AUDITING STUDENTS (A and/or B): 80€
With the friendly support of:
With the collaboration of: